Arp Schnitger’s organ in St. Jacobi in Hamburg is the largest preserved resonance Baroque organ of North German type.
Schnitger built the organ in 1693 with 4 manuals and 60 stops. 80% of the original pipe stocks are preserved, the oldest dating back to the time of Reformation. After the invention and renovation in the 20th century the organ was able to be restored true to its original by Jürgen Ahrend in Easter 1993, which remarked the 300 years of its inauguration.
Text: Hauptkirche St. Jacobi